Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Review: Notoriously Morbid Swatches!

UPDATE Nov 2014: So someone has pointed out to me that some colours from Notoriously Morbid do not contain any binders at all:

Neno
Screenshot taken on Nov 16, 2014


However, I did a random check of 20 colours and only found 1 colour that didn't contain any binders. For my check, what I did was open 20 colours in a row without looking at the colour/name/description and then reading the ingredients. It's not the most perfect method but it gives you a rough idea. So for most part, I think it's safe to purchase from them as long as you check the ingredients. For a guide to ingredients, you can check out my previous post here.

_____________________________

I recently got my Notoriously Morbid haul and this is what I ordered:


I replaced the full sizes in my blogger pack with more samples! I ended up with 19 colours to swatch! (two of the minis are the same colour)

TAT


I'm not sure if I can comment on the TAT. I ordered on May 17 during a sale, and since there was no news by May 27, I tracked my order on the Notoriously Morbid site. I realized I didn't put the link to my blog, so I messaged the company via facebook, and also tossed in another order. I finally got both orders shipped out on June 5. This was during a sale, and she may be verifying my blog, so I'm not sure if my experience counts.

What I think was really nice was that I ended up getting two of the Tea Tosh, the gift with purchase, for the two orders even though I combined them into one shipment. I gave my spare Tea Tosh to the wonderful Ms Minkishly (her blog here) so I can't wait to see what she thinks of it!

Coffin Kissers Review


These are amaaaazing! They melt so easily on your lips and are so moisturizing. And even though they melt like butter on your lips, I can carry them around in my bag in a hot, humid tropical country without having them melt all over my bag. I've only the Sam's Strawberry Mousse flavour and flavour-wise, it's pretty good -it tastes like creamy strawberries. It's the typical lip balm artificial flavouring, but I don't expect make up companies to be gourmet chefs on top of making amazing lip balms.

Eyeshadow Review and Swatches


Packaging-wise, the mini sizes doesn't come with a sifter seal, and the labels are not waterproof. So packaging-wise, they're just functional. But I can ignore that since I love these colours! The colours are great, even on bare skin. Of course, like almost all non-matte loose powder shadows, they look best with glitter glue. As always, the swatches on the right is under natural light, the one on the left is under artificial light to show off the shift.

Over Darling Girl's Glitter Glue:

The Grand Empress actually turns blue as you blend it out!

Over NYX's HD Eye Primer

Applied with a wet brush (like all pigmented loose powder shadows, this method can be staining):


There's no mistake. Melancholy One turns blue when applied wet, I was surprised too.

 Now this is where I'm impressed...over bare skin:



They're definitely not as nice on bare skin, but the pigmentation is better than what I get from some commercial eyeshadows on primer!


1 comment:

  1. We offer all types of custom makeup packaging made up of premium stock. You can get your Makeup Boxes in any shape, size, and style according to your products’ needs.

    ReplyDelete