Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Subscription Boxes: Box of Happies June 2014 Box

I know subscription boxes aren't worth it for international shoppers, but I couldn't help it and because I'm a sucker for branding and packaging. Check out their website! It's so cute!

So here's what I got:



These are the items in the box:

  • Hair tie by Ting Lisa
  • Soap bar by Megan's Soap Box
  • Earrings by Box of Happies
  • Necklace by Box of Happies 
  • Felt magnet by Robin's Art & Design


This is how much the box costs:

1 month's box: $24
Shipping: $4.99

Total: $28.99


This brand does not ship internationally, but I was an idiot and didn't read that part, so I somehow was able to subscribe even though I live abroad. So the total I paid for is $42.14, which is unfortunately not worth it. 

So on to the pros & cons of this box:

Pros:
  • They don't do auto-renewals of their subscription service, which is something I appreciate a LOT
  • It comes in a high quality, functional box I can actually use for storage!
  • It comes with a card with suggestions of what you can use the box for. Yay for being green!
  • It arrived to me, an international customer, on June 23, so US customers probably got it around June 13. Not too bad for subscription services
  • It's cute stuff!


Cons:
  • It's unfortunately too cute. I feel so lame saying this but, I think the things look too young on me. I do think they're cute but they're not exactly age appropriate for me. The necklace may still work, but the hairtie, magnet and earrings are definitely too young-ish for me now. I'm going to pass it on to my friends with young daughters since I still think they're cute for young girls.
  • International shipping makes it too expensive :(

So unfortunately, I won't be renewing my subscription.

Megan's Soap Box Review

The soap isn't for me, unfortunately. It leaves your hands with a bit of that dry, sticky feeling you get with some bar soaps. Not too much, but enough for me to prefer something else. Scent-wise, it's ok. It doesn't really smell like lemongrass, and smells more like lemon with a bit of that soap bar smell. Overall, this soap is ok, but I'm not rushing to get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment