Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Review: Clio's Twisturn Liners

I got Clio's Twisturn Eyeliner in Night Purple & Star Silver during a trip to Singapore and finally got around to reviewing them. The TL;DR is that I'm not a fan of these.

I'm a huge fan of Clio's Kill Black liner, so I was really excited for these. Unfortunately, they're a totally different formula with a whole different packaging. As the name suggests, you twist these liners to get the colour out. Unfortunately, the colour bursts out unevenly and you get spills like this:


I still don't know how to get them to come out with an even consistency. What I normally do to get around this is that I wipe the blob of colour off the brush on my arm, then dip the now clean brush into the blob and apply the colour on.

Unlike the Kill line of liners, the brush is thicker and isn't that precise either. It's prone to splitting this way:


As you can guess, this makes precise application much harder. Sometimes, I just use my own liner brush.

The formula is much thicker and goopier than the Kill line's formula, and it's prone to gunking together. It takes longer to dry, and when it does, it tends to crack.

Swatches


This is seriously my best attempt at creating a swirl with the liner. As you can see, they're not the easiest to work with.


On My Eyes


Night Purple

monolid, make up

It's prone to smudging under my eyes since it takes a long time to dry. Over here, you can see the liner starting to crack as it dries.


Star Silver
monolid, make up

Getting an even line is definitely hard with this formula. Think working with goopy nail polish. Experts can do it, but noobs like me can't. Here's the full face for this look:

monolid, make up

1 comment:

  1. We at Plus printers are top-notch packaging company. The best part is, we never compromise on quality. However, we are entailing single or bulk order. But you can get Custom Printed Boxes No Minimum order state. However, we are looking forward to providing your desiring services at minimum cost. The expert designers provide smart packaging solution as per your needs. Therefore, we are providing quality work according to our dear client liking. Hence, now get our superb Custom Product Boxes at the doorstep. Get Your's .

    ReplyDelete