Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Nail Polish Round Up!

So here are the nail looks I've done in the last month. I think I should make this a regular thing....

Cult Nails: Feedback, Power Thief & Wax That


Shimmery Brown: Power Thief
Gold Glitter Topper: Feedback
Waxy Effect Top Coat: Wax That
The ring finger didn't go as I intended and ended up looking more like roadkill. At least the thumb looked nice!

To get this look: First, I cut the feather into the length I want -make sure it has that stick (? no idea what it's called) bit in the middle to hold it together. Then I put a thick layer of top coat over my nail polish once it dried, and squashed the feather into it while it's still wet. Using a pair of cuticle scissors, I trimmed the edges of the feather that's sticking out of my nail bed. Apply the wax-effect top coat over it for the thumb, leave it at roadkill state for the ring finger.



Serum No 5: Mint To Be



This colour's very sheer and took me 5-6 coats to achieve this opacity. Mini rant, I was really surprised my nail polished look so different from the site swatches. Another redditor helped me take a look and figured out the mystery for me. The site swatch was over an opaque white polish. So if you're getting this colour, use an opaque white nail polish underneath.

The lace part is a water-transfer decal.

Dolly's: Laternelaufen & Sally Hansen: Black Out


Glow-in-the-dark polish: Dolly's Lanternelaufen
Stamping polish: Sally Hansen's Black Out


I love glow-in-the-dark polishes! This was charged under an UV light to get the glow this bright. It used to get this bright even when charged only with the light in my office & room, but after about 3 months, the glow effect got weaker. I have this same problem with glow-in-the-dark polishes from 2 other brands though, so I'm assuming it's a glow-in-the-dark polish thing.

Mystery Manicure from Princess Nail (sic) in Pacific Place


I didn't get the name of it but the artwork's so pretty! It chips fast though.



Indigo Bananas: Patterns Everywhere & Sally Hansen: Black Diamond



Glitter polish: Indigo Banana's Patterns Everywhere
Black stripes: Sally Hansen's Black Diamond
Patterns Everywhere is this gorgeous glitter topper with glitter that shifts from green to purple! i tried capturing the shift in these next few photos, but I can't capture how gorgeous it is IRL:



To get this look, I just cut regular tape into thin strips, placed them where I don't want any black polish, painted over them, then removed the tape. 

1 comment:

  1. Trying to figure out what the (sic) is for Princess Nail... It looks to be correct to me...

    ReplyDelete