I was given free mini jars of Glamour Doll Eyes shadows and asked for a surprise selection of fun colours.
Since I didn't do any ordering, I can't comment much on customer service except to say that Vee is really sweet and friendly.
Packaging-wise, they're pretty and I love how they come with waterproof labels and were shrink-wrapped.
|The lids show off the shifts!|
Anyway, on to swatches!
Macro shots on Darling Girl's glitter glue:
Glitter glue swatches side by side:
So gorgeous! Vee definitely picked out the perfect colours for me, because I'm crazy over these crazy bright colours!
On Urban Decay's Primer Potion:
|The difference between Grenade & Sex Appeal is more obvious here.|
Sorry for the messy swatches. This was the first swatch I did after returning from my trip and somehow, the humidity killed my tape and colours ended up seeping through. And yes, Grenade ended up a different colour, which I thought was so freaking cool! This is why I love foiling!
Bare skin swatches:
|Screenshot taken on 18 Aug, 2014|
Besides titanium dioxide, I see nothing else to add adhesion, and usually titanium dioxide barely cuts it for adhesion. The eyeshadow is also not streaky, and I don't see anything like silica to add slip. If anyone knows how this magic's possible, let me know. I emailed Vee about it and this is her reply:
So here are the ingredients for the eyeshadows I tried, if anyone can help me figure out the mystery, that'll be great. Bolded are the non-colour items.
- Avant-Garde: Pigment Violet, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Fluorophylogopite, Silica, Iron Oxide
- Burlesque: Manganese Violet (Pigment Violet 16), Iron Oxide, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica
- Coquette: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Pigment Violet, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Fluorophylogopite, Silica
- Dirty Jeans: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide
- Grenade: Mica, Iron Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Blue #1 Al Lake, Yellow #5 Al Lake, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Palmitic Acid, Tin Oxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica
- Sex Appeal: Manganese Violet (Pigment Violet 16), Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow #5, Blue #1, Palmitic Acid
As a comparison, here are typical ingredient lists for other companies (there's more than 3 but I didn't want to do an overkill...Dawn Eyes adhere best to bare skin, but her website's messy) that has eyeshadows that adhere well to bare skin:
- Bad Juju: Mica, titanium dioxide, carmine, iron oxide, ultramarine, magnesium stearate
- Cry Innocent: Magnesium myristrate, mica, carnauba wax, iron oxide, titanium dioxide, ferric ferrocyanide, tin oxide
Daisy Bird Cosmetics
- Hello Hyacinth: Titanium dioxide, ultramarines, mica, carnauba wax, iron oxide, ferric ferrocyanide, Magnesium Myristate, tin oxide, carmine
- Dandy Dandelion: Titanium dioxide, mica, carnauba wax, iron oxide, magnesium myristate
Backstreet Makeup Co
- (thirsty) Thursday: Mica, Boron Nitrate, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristrate, Iron Oxides, Silica, Titanium Dioxide, and Tin Oxide
- Olivine: Mica, Boron Nitrate, Iron Oxides, Silica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristrate
Anyway, here's some looks I did with their eyeshadows:
|Cut creases aren't the most flattering on monolids, but it's the best way to show off many colours.|
|As you can tell, I stopped caring at the parts of my eyeliner that'll be hidden under my lids...|
|How my monolids normally look...|
|I tried out a powder foundation and it flaked on my dry patches. So sorry about that...|
- Avant-Garde (sides of "crease")
- Coquette (middle of "crease")
- Sex Appeal (shading above "crease")
- Dirty Jeans (lower lash line)
- Müse gold eyeshadow (inner corners)
- Maybelline Falsies mascara
- Fiberwig mascara
- Biore Perfect Face Milk
- Dreamworld Hermetica foundation (Thetys II mixed with Nimue I)
- Revlon blush (mixed several blushes together)
- Müse customized colour