Search This Blog

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Review & Swatches: Blanche Neige Cosmetics

Blanche Neige (BN) sent me some free samples for me to review and swatch about a week ago.

I love the presentation! I hope she does this for every order!

I love the logo!

While I did get these stuff for free, you all know I'm still blunt with my opinions. I did help her make these photos as a thank you, though!


Eyeshadows  Review


First thing I did was check the ingredients and they're definitely legit. Here's a sample ingredient list:

Screenshot taken on Nov 6, 2014

For a guide on how to tell if an ingredient list is legit, check out this guide here.

Anyway, here are my observations on the eyeshadows:


  • NYX HD Primer hates them. I can't find my UDPP, so I was stuck using the NYX primer for swatching. The eyeshadows ended up very draggy and clingy (you'll see what I mean when you see my swatch pic). I tried them out again with Eccentric Cosmetics' primer, which is similar to UDPP, only better. They worked just fine on my eyes (FOTDs below). Unfortunately, I only have a sample size of Eccentric's primer, and it's not enough for swatching. I think there's something in the 2 formulas that just clash with each other.
  • Seashells, the matte, looks best on bare skin! It works like a top-notch eyeshadow so primers aren't really needed. Unfortunately, it tends to go draggy when foiled with water or used on primer. I've told BN that she should focus on mattes that work well on bare skin.
  • Sample sizes aren't standard, and some came with unbelievable generous amounts, while some came with relatively small amounts. BN will be fixing this issue.
  • They don't seem to like being foiled with water and tends to just want to dissolve into a stain. Not sure why. BN's looking into this, but the culprit may be the jojoba oil.


Anyway, on to swatches!


Macros done over Darling Girl's Glitter glue:
Under natural light over Darling Girl's glitter glue

Swatches over Darling Girl's Glitter Glue:
Left: Under artificial light to show the shift
Right: Under natural light

Left: Under artificial light to show the shift
Right: Under natural light

Foiled with water swatches:
Left: Under artificial light to show the shift
Right: Under natural light

Left: Under artificial light to show the shift
Right: Under natural light
Swatches over NYX HD Primer because I can't find my UDPP...kinda sad about that:



Left: Under artificial light to show the shift
Right: Under natural light


Left: Under artificial light to show the shift
Right: Under natural light

Swatches over bare skin:
Left: Under artificial light to show the shift
Right: Under natural light

Left: Under artificial light to show the shift
Right: Under natural light




Tea Party Cream Lipstick Review



These cream lipsticks are similar in formula to Fyrinnae's lip lustres, only waxier. I personally don't have any preference between the two formulas. My only complaint is that I wish they came in more colours! BN is working on that though, so I'm really excited for that.

Tea Party is a brown-toned dusky rose and definitely perfect for that "my lips but better" look. Here's the swatch:

Top: Arm swatch
Middle: Bare lips
Bottom: Lip swatch
All done under natural light.

So here are two FOTDs I did with these products (sorry for the shitty skin, my dermatologist banned me from putting anything on it for 2 months):

Eyes: Siren, Broken Heart, As Above, Below
Lips: Tea Party

Eyes: Sea Witch, Little Mermaid. Love of a Prince, Daughters of Air
Lips: Tea Party

No comments:

Post a Comment