Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Review: Fragonard Perfumes

I've seen the Fragonard store in Plaza Indonesia and always wanted to get their perfumes since I'm such a sucker for pretty packaging. 
Look how pretty the store is!


I decided to go buy a perfume today and started sniffing. Most of the scents are unimpressive to me. They smell ordinary and lack complexity. Many even smell like room sprays. Two stood out and I had to do a skin test to see how the fragrances morph so here's my review for the scents:

Mimosa

Image courtesy of: http://fimgs.net/

First Impression: It's a sharp, fresh scent with green notes. Smells like crisp, clean linens and I was definitely drawn in. 

5 min in: It starts smelling rather flat. The smell reminds me of a spa. Starting to think this is a smell I rather spray in my room or on linens, not on my skin. 

20 min in: Ok, now I'm getting a minty licorice smell that's almost medicinal.  

30 min in: I'm now getting a chemical-ish scent...I smell like a sterile room with notes of melted bubble gum. 

Over an hour in: Help. It smells like melted plastic blown up. I don't even..

Bleu Riviera

Image courtesy of: http://fimgs.net/

First impression: On the bottle, it just smells like summer -citrus & fresh water. Love! Upon spraying, there's some undertones of a dirty, earthy smell. I smell like a dude hiding bad BO with perfume instead of showering. 

5 min in: The BO smell is gone, thank gods. It's now a pretty alluring, masculine scent. Still smelling the citrusy notes but the cool water scent is stronger. 

20 min in: It's actually a pleasant scent now, more unisex. I think I may get this.  

30 min in: Never mind, the chemical-ish smell popped out. It's not unpleasant, but the smell reminds me an upscale toilet. Hey, at least it's upscale. 

Over an hour in: There's a bit of a powdery undertone coming out, but I still smell like a toilet. Ok, more like a toilet powder room in an upscale place. You know, where you smell puffs of powder from old ladies powdering their face? Still more bearable than Mimosa, which is giving me a headache right now

Overall Review


5/10: Will never buy. I'm still giving them an average rating because I'm a sucker for pretty packaging and I can see these scents smelling great as a room/toilet spray. Definitely not wearable. 


And this is why it's so important to test out how the perfume smells on your skin.

2 comments:

  1. you must try belle de nuit its one of their best 5 scent

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must try belle de nuit its one of their best 5 scent

    ReplyDelete